Friedrich Samuel Aschbrenner (1810-1885)
Friedrich Samuel Aschbrenner was born on 19 Oct 1810 in Posen, Prussia, Germany as the child of Friedrich August Aschbrenner.
When he was about 26, he married Wilhelmina Mathwich, daughter of Anna Marie and Daniel Mathwich, about 1837 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia.
Friedrich Samuel Aschbrenner and Wilhelmina Mathwich had the following children:
- Gustav Edward Aschbrenner was born on 21 Sep 1837 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. He married Johanna Fenhaus on 27 Jun 1866 in Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin. He married Emilie Friedricke Caroline Graveen on 19 Sep 1867 in Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin. He married Johanne Caroline Wilhelmine Kluender on 16 Feb 1871 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. He died on 13 Apr 1907 in Easton, Marathon, Wisconsin.
- Frederick Wilhelm Aschbrenner was born on 14 Feb 1839 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. He married Anna Teske on 07 Mar 1866 in Marquette, Wisconsin. He married Bertha Auguste Henriette Kluender on 03 Mar 1871 in Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin. He died on 29 Dec 1935 in Stratford, Marathon, Wisconsin.
- Adolph Friedrich Wilhelm Aschbrenner was born on 13 Jun 1841 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. He married Friedrike Mary Wilhelmine Woller on 15 Mar 1875 in Marathon, Wisconsin. He died on 16 May 1913 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin.
- Herman August Ernest Aschbrenner was born on 29 Sep 1843 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. He married Wilhelmina Henrietta Louise Prechel on 18 Dec 1868 in Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin. He died on 18 Sep 1909 in Merrill, Lincoln, Wisconsin.
- Mathilda Alvine Aschbrenner was born on 13 Aug 1847 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. She married Johannes Casper Fenhaus on 27 Jun 1866 in Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin. She died on 20 Jan 1939 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin.
- Albertina A. Aschbrenner was born on 19 May 1855 in Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. She married Ferdinand F. Quade on 18 Oct 1877. She died on 13 Mar 1916 in Wisconsin.
Little more than a year after the birth of their last child, Friedrich and Wilhelmina Aschbrenner immigrated from Hansfelde, Posen, Prussia. Friedrich and his family departed from Bremen, Germany on board the Shakespeare, and arrived in New York on 20 Aug 1856. From there, they made their way to Wisconsin. The Aschbrenner family sailed on the same ship as the family of another ancestor – Carl Friedrich Fehlhaber. Like the Fehlhabers, the Aschbrenners settled in Marathon County, Wisconsin in 1857. The Aschbrenner and Fehlhaber homes were two of the first farm settlements in Marathon County. Other families who settled in the Town of Berlin that same year also came directly from Germany. These included the families of Schmidt, Plish, Klinger, Anklamm, and Hartel.
On 10 August 1859, Friedrich became a land owner when his purchase of land was confirmed at the land office in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. He lived near the Town of Berlin, Marathon County, Wisconsin for the remainder of his life and was recorded in the federal census records there for the years 1860, 1870 and 1880.
Friedrich Samuel Aschbrenner died on 09 Dec 1885 at the Town of Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin, at the age of 75. He was buried in the Friedenshain cemetery about 2-3 miles east of Little Chicago, Wisconsin.
Where is he in the tree?
How do I learn more?
A preview version of the upcoming book, “The Aschbrenner Family” is available. A previous version of this book was put together in 2013, but was never made available in hard copy. This preview version has only minor updates to that 2013 edition.
A complete refresh and revision of the book will be available in the future (probably 2017 or 2018). But for those who can’t wait, this preview version has been quickly made available.
(What does a preview version mean? This book does not meet my current quality standards, for example, it has not been thoroughly edited, it does not have an index, and there are descendants who are not appropriately covered. But, it does include a lot of information on the Aschbrenner family that has been collected over decades of work.)
Berlin Memories in 1976, 1976, page 10, The State of Wisconsin Collection, Web, 18 Oct 2016, http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/WI.Berlin.
Ancestry.com, New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 (Provo, UT, USA, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006), www.ancestry.com, Database online. Year: 1856; Arrival: New York, United States; Microfilm serial: M237; Microfilm roll: M237_165; Line: 50; List number: 819.
Marchetti, Louis, History of Marathon County Wisconsin and representative citizens, Richmond-Arnold Publishing Co., 1913, http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/WI.HistoryMarathon.