Bernhard Richard R Krueger (1873-1927)
Bernhard Richard R Krueger was born on 18 Nov 1873 in Herman Township, Dodge, Wisconsin, as the fifth child of Johann Krueger and Augusta Baumann. He had seven siblings, namely: Carl Friedrich Emmanuel, Franz W, Robert Friedrich, Louise, Anna Marie Mathilde, Martha J. E., and Otto Emil A.. When he was a child, his family moved from Dodge County, Wisconsin to the Town of Texas in Marathon County, Wisconsin.
When he was 25, he married Frieda H Lemke, daughter of Johann Carl Friedrich Lemke and Clara Christine Elsabe Freese. They married, in a Lutheran ceremony, on 05 Aug 1899 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. Bernhard and Frieda lived in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin.
Bernhard Richard R Krueger and Frieda H Lemke had the following children:
- Sadie Clere Krueger was born on 01 Mar 1900 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. She married Emil Robert Hollman on 28 Jun 1924 in Washington, Washington, Iowa. She died on 23 Dec 1972 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin, at age 72.
- Arnold F Krueger was born on 25 Jul 1901 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. He married Louise J. Akin on 10 Aug 1928. He married Maxine Marie Chaddock on 03 Oct 1964. He died on 12 Feb 1973 in Elmwood Park, Cook, Illinois, at age 71.
- Bernhard R Krueger was born on 23 Jul 1902 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. He died on 16 May 1969 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin, at age 66.
- Irene Clara Anna Krueger was born on 09 Aug 1903 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. She married Raymond Francis Hamerla on 22 Jun 1927. She died on 01 Aug 1949 in Wisconsin, at age 45.
- Norman Arthur August Krueger was born on 22 Nov 1904 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin, USA. He married Selma Cornelia Aschbrenner on 11 Nov 1933 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He died on 28 Aug 1980 in American International Hospital, Zion, Lake, Illinois, at age 75.
- John F Krueger was born on 29 Dec 1910 in Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin. He married Gertrude J Grisier on 29 May 1938. He died on 01 Nov 1992 in West Lafayette, Tippecanoe, Indiana, at age 81.
Bernhard supported his family working in the lumber industry. For many years, his occupation was listed as day laborer. As was common then, he didn’t work for a single employer, but instead worked wherever there was work to be found. He worked in the lumber camps, the saw mill, and also did some construction work. He helped built the Tannery Bridge in Wausau over the Wisconsin River. In later years, Bernhard was a teamster and eventually he was employed by the Underwood Veneer Company.
Bernhard was devastated when his wife, Frieda, passed away suddenly on 21 April 1926. He had to be hospitalized and passed away less than a year after her death. Bernhard Richard R Krueger died on 14 Mar 1927 in Oshkosh, Winnebago, Wisconsin, USA. He was 53-years old. He was buried on 17 Mar 1927 with his wife in Pine Grove Cemetery, Wausau, Marathon, Wisconsin.
Where is he in the tree?
How can I learn more?
If you want to learn more, the Krueger book will be of interest.