Margaret Spike (1781->1855)
Margaret Spike was born on 16 Mar 1781 in Saratoga, Saratoga, New York as the first child of Daniel Spike and Roseanna Fuller. She had seven siblings, namely: Daniel, Mercy, Thankful, Josiah, Sally, Catharine, and Lucy.
Pierce Brownell and Margaret Spike had the following children:
- Ezra Brownell was born on 10 Mar 1798 in Schuylerville, Saratoga, New York.
- Lucretia Brownell was born on 21 Dec 1799 in Schuylerville, Saratoga, New York. She married Timothy Johnson about 1818 in Rochester, Monroe, New York. She died on 02 Nov 1857 in Watertown, Jefferson, Wisconsin.
- John Brownell was born on 12 Apr 1802 in Schuylerville, Saratoga, New York. He married Mary Ann French on 03 Nov 1831 in Wells, Bradford, Pennsylvania. He died on 14 Feb 1895 in Cedar Rapids, Linn, Iowa.
He died around 1802 when he and she were both about 20-years old.
When she was 22, Margaret Spike Brownell married Andrew Alexander Simpson about 1804 in New York.
Andrew Alexander Simpson and Margaret Spike had the following children:
- McNeil Seymour Simpson was born on 02 Feb 1805 in Rochester, Monroe, New York. He married Sarah F. Warner. He died on 12 Jun 1884 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois.
- Elizabeth Simpson was born on 21 Mar 1807 in New York.
- Daniel Simpson was born on 21 Mar 1807 in New York. He married Sophronia Bennett.
- Mary Simpson was born on 02 Apr 1809 in New York. She married ___ Scott on 08 Jan 1832. She married John Rose before Nov 1841.
- Robert Simpson was born on 18 Apr 1811 in New York.
- Alexander Simpson was born on 13 Jun 1813 in New York.
- Julia Ann Simpson was born on 08 Sep 1815 in New York.
- Charles Simpson was born on 27 Apr 1818 in New York.
- James M. Simpson was born on 29 May 1821 in New York. He married a Mary ____.
- Sarah Jane Simpson was born on 30 Sep 1823 in New York. She married Janes Cowle in New York.
- Ezra B. Simpson was born on 30 Jul 1826 in New York, USA.
Margaret became a widow again on 31 Jan 1842 when her second husband passed away. Her father died two years later on 11 March 1844. She was included in her father’s will and thus mentioned in the probate proceedings.
Margaret Spike lived with her daughter Sarah Jane and her husband Janes Cowle, in Ward 6, Rochester, Monroe, New York at the time of the 1850 Federal Census.
Five years later when a New York State Census was taken, she was living with her son, James Simpson, and his family. The family lived in Greece, Monroe, New York.
No further record of Margaret has been found.
Margaret Spike Brownell Simpson died after 1855 in New York, likely in Monroe County, reaching at least age 74.
Where is she in the tree?