Guy Allison Phillips (1866-1940)
Guy Allison Phillips was born on 13 May 1866 in Clarence, Erie, New York as the first child of Albert Aveldo Phillips and Amelia A. Brace. He had six siblings, all brothers, namely: Frank Lonsbury, Clarence Arthur, Edmund B, Charles Floyd, Harold Everett, and Faye Elmer. Guy grew up on a farm in Bristol, Kendall, Illinois. He attended local schools until he was about 16 and then studied for two-years at the Jennings Seminary in Aurora, Kane, Illinois.
Guy Allison Phillips and Gertrude Lovin Boyce had the following children:
- Roy Selam Phillips was born on 30 Mar 1889 in Montgomery, Kane, Illinois. He married Freda Francis Willis on 06 Mar 1911. He died on 11 Jun 1972 in Las Vegas, Clark, Nevada.
- Albert Harold Phillips was born on 17 Apr 1890 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois. He married Rose Klink on 22 Nov 1919. He died on 03 Sep 1965 in Kane, Illinois.
- Floyd Boyce Phillips was born on 07 Dec 1891 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois. He married Leona Catherine Miller on 17 Apr 1925 in Sandwich, De Kalb, Illinois. He died on 07 Jul 1971 in Sandwich, De Kalb, Illinois.
- Arthur Guy Phillips was born on 08 Jul 1894 in Illinois. He married Florence E Manning on 08 Jan 1919. He married Ida Price on 28 Nov 1952 in Jackson, Missouri. He married Alice N Jackson on 13 Dec 1958 in Los Angeles, California. He married Dorothy D Marlow on 13 Apr 1964 in Riverside, California. He died on 26 Dec 1966 in Laguna Hills, Orange, California (Age: 72).
- Charles Verne Phillips was born on 01 Oct 1897 in rural Aurora, Kane, Illinois. He married Ruby Marie Bartlett on 20 Dec 1924 in Illinois. He died on 06 Jul 1978 in Sandwich, De Kalb, Illinois.
Guy and Gertrude farmed and raised their boys in Sugar Grove, Kane, Illinois. He served as secretary and treasurer for the Kane County Farmers’ Institute and was “considered one of the best farmers in the county.”
Later in life, they moved to Jericho Road at Montgomery, in Aurora Township, Kane, Illinois.
Guy Allison Phillips died on 04 Dec 1940 in rural Aurora, Kane, Illinois at the age of 74. He was buried on 06 Dec 1940 in Riverside Cemetery, Montgomery, Kane, Illinois.
Where is he in the tree?
How can I learn more?
The Phillips Family book covers the life, descendants and ancestors of Guy Phillips. Also see the Phillips page for more information.
¹Joslyn, R. W. (1908). History of Kane County Illinois (Vol. II). Chicago: Pioneer Publishing Company.